Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Teach me how to Sokkie, teach me, teach me how to Sokkie

Thursdays are great! No class on Friday means I can stay up late and have a great time! This last Thursday I went to Sprinbok bar with a group of exchange students for karaoke. It was a bit crazy there because a few of the nearby residence halls were having socials. But it was still fun. Caitlin sang Barbie Girl after we signed her up without her knowledge. Then a group of us sang Wannabe by Spice Girls! Then it was off to Cheeky Monkey bar in the Square for some dancing! We had a great time there with friends form Mozambique that we partied with in Joburg last weekend.

Also a new friend, Tristan who I met at Springbok Bar quiz night on Monday was there.

At one point he asked me if I knew how to Sokkie. I had no idea what he was talking about so he showed me. It’s a dance, kind of like ballroom, that Afrikaans people do here. He taught me how to Sokkie and we had a great time. But I suck at following the guy because in high school I was always the guy and SEMK 1 my love was my partner because there were not enough guys in gym class!!! I kept wanting to lead, but in the end I got the rhythm of it. I’ll keep practicing so that I can teach you all when I get home. Drew you should know how to do it as well and we can show everyone how to Sokkie, just don’t drop me on the dips and drops please!!! It was a great night at Cheeky Monkey and DropZone and I know that those of you that know what I’m talking about are truly missing it so just come back and visit and we can have some great times at all of these places!!!




Peace, Love and Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment