Sunday, July 4, 2010

Vow of Silence

So I have decided to take a vow of silence this week. I will not talk at all this week whether I'm on shift or not. There are many reasons for this. First off I fnid that I get a lot more from witnessing the walk and others on the walk when I step back in the shadows and watch rather than stand in the spotlight. I know the whole one person that reads this if you have ever met me you are thinking that I will never be able to do this but the other reasons for doing this is what will get me through. I will admit openly and whole heartedly right here and right now that I am struggling with a few of the people on the walk. I feel that we are meant to love everyone whether we like them or not. For this reason I have decided to "hold my tongue" literally and completely this week so that I do not say something that I will later regret. Yes I will admit now also that I have not been the most humble person on this trip. It is something that I have been working on more and more as I notice and look back not only on this summer, well the past six weeks of this summer, but really on most of my life. I have been a very crude and rude person at times and most of these times are pointed at the same people over and over again.

Is there ever a time that we are truly humble. Is there ever a time that we never want praise and pleasure from our actions and our words. Will there ever be a time when we can honestly just do good to do good, not to get the praise of doing good and being the kind of person that you are supposed to be. Why should we get praise for what we should be like? And why should we not give praise to other for simply being the kind of person that they are supposed to be. Why is there this barrier between gratitude and criticism. Why can we only notice what people do incorrectly? There is no appreciation for what we do right. Because we are supposed to act respectful doesn't mean that we should be thanked for our actions of respect. On the other hand we should not be respectful simply to get the praise and gratitude that should be recieved. We should not expect it for ourselves but we should not be hesitant to give the praise and gratitude to others. How can we expect to recieve what we cannot give.

Sorry I didn't mean for this to be such a deep blog. I'm getting really tired so my words will soon become even more ridiculous than they already are. I apologize if what I have said doesn't make sense! My Vow of Silence will begin tomorrow morning when I leave to begin my shift. I am on day shift again this week! Thank God for all of His many small and mighty blessings. I really do dislike night shift even when it is with people that I do get along with quite well. As for those that I do not get along with as well, please pray that I have patience, strength, perserverance, serenity, humility, and grace to respect all who I come across. Even those that I do not agree with or fit with completely.

Thank you my one reader. Well at least you read one blog of mine! God Bless

Peace, Love and Jesus! =]

1 comment:

  1. Leah Sedelle,
    You are one of the most amazing people I have ever had the privelege of knowing. I love you so much and my prayers are continually with you. Keep striving girl you're going to reach unbelievable heights!
    <3

    ReplyDelete