Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Blog April 27th, 2010

So I haven't actually started the walk yet but I just wanted to start the blog early to let you all know a little more about the walk before it all starts.

Crossroads walk has accepted me to walk with them to "bring about the Culture of Life and defend the right to life of all unborn children." [taken from Crossroads official website crossroadswalk.org]
I have chosen to do the southern walk which means that I will walk through CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, VA, and end in Washington D.C.
There will be 15-20 other young adults joining me on my walk through the south.
I will be walking 1,200 miles in less than three months from LA, California to Washington D.C.
The group that I am with will walk a total of 3,200 miles.
I will walk about 17 miles a day
I will attend mass everyday
I will gives talks about what it means to be prolife and how you can be more active in the movement
I will be living simply meaning I will only have a few t-shirts and two pairs of shorts for the summer as well as one long skirt for mass.
They will take care of housing, food, and water; I just have to get to LA and home from DC
This means that I will not be working this summer: SCARY for MOM & DAD!
I have asked close friends and family to help me in this by sponsoring me in my walk.
I also ask for prayers from anyone and everyone!
Prayers for me and the others that I will be walking with including those on the Northern, Central, and Canadian walks
Prayers for the unborn babies that will die while I am walking
Prayers for all the people that I will encounter over this summer
Prayers for everyone back home that cannot take a summer off to walk for what is truly right.


This is about it!

I'll keep you posted through out the summer whenever I have access to the internet.
I will also be keeping all of you in my prayers and thoughts.

Thank you!

I love babies!! =]

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this is in yellow I don't know how to change it! But I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete