Sunday, May 16, 2010

Here it Comes

Only 7 days until I leave for California! Yeah that means that in one week I will be snuggled up in the nice warmness of California and not in this bleak weather of Iowa! I cannot wait! I'm getting a little nervous that I'm going ot forget something because it's not the normal trip that I go on. But other than that I'm not really nervous about the trip at all! I actually just want finals to be over because, well because I'm ready to be done with studying and writing papers and all that, but also because then I'm just that much closer to the walk. I've been training, walking a lot and doing leg workouts, and lifting weights and stuff but I know that I'll be sore those first few weeks. There's really no way to prepare for this kind of thing. Physically maybe if you have the time to do it, but I don't! But mentally and spiritually I don't think that there is any way that I can prepare myself for what I am about to do. I have been in some pretty challenging situations in the past but I don't think any of them will come close to what I will have to face this summer. The best part of it is that I'm ready! I am so ready for something new in my life. But really that's how it will always be with me! I will always be looking for something new and crazy to do. Whether it's living in another state for a summer when all of your friends from school are spending their days at the Dyersville pool, or walking across the country, while everyone else is working for the summer to pay for college. Or moving to somewhere crazy like Honduras after graduation while all of your other fellow graduates look for normal jobs at desks or schools. ok that one hasn't happened yet but you never know what I'll do! I have three years still!

Well here's post number two and I think that there's only like three people that know about this blog yet. And it wouldn't surprise me if none of them have even looked at it yet! Hopefully someone will follow me this summer!

Please all keep me in your prayers! And if you have any questions or prayer requests I'm pretty sure that there is a way to reply to these blogs or something like that!

P.S. I won't be going on FACEBOOK at all this summer. I'll only be on this blog and twitter so you can kind of follow me on that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment