Monday, December 13, 2010

Finals Kick Butt [No not in the good way!]

Tomorrow, well really today because it's almost 2 a.m. Here I am sitting at my desk in my apartment. Two of my roommates are in doing work at the kitchen table and I am in my room listening to the soundtrack to "Little Women" the musical, trying to avoid my ten page paper due on Wednesday. From my point of view I'm way ahead. Some people from my class haven't even thought of starting their papers yet, but I have not only looked over what I need to do, but I've started it! In fact I'm on the second paragraph! Yeah big step for me, the QUEEN of Procrastination. Now I'm not saying that I haven't procrastinated, in fact I played games on the internet for a good two hours before starting the paper, then I proceeded to e-mail a couple of friends from my walk across the country this summer. Now I'm writing a blog.

I wrote another blog last night, but it was on my other blogspot account because it was for my major. Instead of doing a portfolio or thesis we have to do blogs twice a semester about our classes that we have taken for our major, and a practicum our last semester to get experience in the outside world about our major. But I'm only a sophomore so I have some time before I have to start worrying about the practicum.

Wow this is not where I planned this blog to go! I planned to talk about finals and how I seem to not have much for finals, but the things that I would normally not worry about much [guitar and voice jury] are the ones that I'm most worried about. I have practiced both my voice songs and my guitar songs more than I've ever practiced anything, but I just can't seem to get them to the point that I am confident in them. To top that off I have this 10 page paper looming over me head and finals for the two most difficult classes I've ever taken, but they are both for my music major. So I need to pass them! I'm hoping to rock star the Music history final because my professor is allowing us all to individually decide how much we want our final exam to be worth for our overall grade, after we finish the test also! If I do well enough I can make it worth 90% of my grade. But we'll see what happens come Wednesday morning when I am actually taking the test and trying to hear Beethoven from Bach from Mozart from Chopin from Tchaikovsky and so on!

But none the less I cannot wait for finals to be over, even though I will still have a good amount to do. First of all I have to prepare myself for a surgery that is taking place in Denver, Colorado. I fly there only a few days after finals end, but I leave for Chicago, where i fly out of, only two days after finals are over. And I have to move out of my apartment before I leave because I will not be living here next semester. I will be living in South Africa!!!!! I'm so excited, but very nervous because I haven't sent for my passport yet and it is supposed to take 6 weeks to come in! I don't think I have six weeks anymore. I think I only have 5! But somehow I will get it! I know I will. I'm hopefully sending for my visa today so it'll hopefully be enough time.

Well I have a ton more to say but I should get to bed. I have a breakfast date with a friend that I went to Honduras with last spring break! Can't wait to remember all the beautiful memories of our time there! I miss all of the children: Bladimir, Jose, Bryan, Clementina, Gaudi, and all of the others [there are too many to name]. I miss them all and cannot wait to go back to visit them again!

Peace, Love and Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment